Try these healthy apple cider muffins if you need a dose of fall and a simple, healthy treat to energize your day!
I wear a lot of hats during my day. Sometimes I’m in the kitchen making healthy food for my snack food line or for my cooking classes. You can find me leading yoga classes, or helping individuals improve their energy and diet through personalized wellness plans.
You could say that’s a lot of different things, but to me, they’re all unified under the goal of helping people live their happiest, healthiest life in full alignment with their values and goals. The yoga, the nutrition, the food, those are just some of the tools I use to help people get there.
So even though sometimes we’re talking about headstand, and sometimes we’re talking about how to prioritize your schedule….they’re all with the same goal of living your life in full alignment.
It’s with this goal that I started throwing Yoga Parties. A yoga party is a yoga class with tea, snacks, and time to talk and hang out with friends new and old after class. It lasts a little longer than your typical yoga class, but you also get the benefits of nourishing your body and meeting new friends.
Photo by Andrew Wright
My first few Yoga Parties were held in Meridian Hill Park, and were they a blast. Most participants said their favorite part was connecting with new people they wouldn’t have met otherwise. It was amazing.
The Yoga Parties will be slowing down for the winter season, but I’m excited to continue to bring food, yoga, and community together at some other events this winter (be sure to check out my calendar for the latest updates!)
Now onto the muffins. I made these apple cider muffins for my last yoga party because I wanted a delicious, filling treat with flavors of fall. These muffins do not disappoint.
They’re made with a combination of almond, oat, and chickpea flours for a high-protein blend of gluten free flours! I use flax to replace the egg, and apple cider to sweeten it up. They’re moist, light, and delicious!
Check out the recipe below, and let me know in the comments: what does living a life of alignment mean to you?
Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day,
- 2 tbsp flax seed, ground
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup oat flour (or ground oats)
- ¾ cup chickpea/garbanzo flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup apple cider
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix ground flax seeds with water in a small bowl.
- Mix ground oats, chickpea, almond flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and hemp hearts together.
- Heat up the apple cider until gently boiling and then combine it with coconut oil.
- Add coconut oil/apple cider to the dry flours, and mix until combined.
- Then, fold in the flax seed mixture and mix gently until JUST mixed.
- Pour into muffin tins, bake for 30 min or until firm.
- Let muffins cool in tins.
- If you like moist muffins - spoon a teaspoon of apple cider on cooked muffin tops as they cool!
- Store in sealed container or freeze for later use!
Samantha Attard, PhD, is the founder of Happy Healthy Human. Sam is a performance coach and yoga instructor who helps people eat, move, and live with intention. Learn more here.