I can’t recommend this book enough for any vegans or non-dairy eaters. It’s full of delicious, fun recipes that will mean you’ll never miss cheese (and that you have something delicious to bring to a party).
We make this recipe just about weekly, and we can’t get enough. Try it out!
If you like this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes or share it with a friend. I also love to hear your feedback and questions! You can send me a message over on Instagram at @behappyhealthyhuman.
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- ¼ cup modified tapioca starch
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2½ tbsp agar-agar flakes
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Blanch the almonds: boil ~4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Add the almonds and maintain for about 1-2 minutes. Drain the almonds in a colander, run cold water on top, and then remove the skins with your fingers (you can also rub them between your hands with a clean kitchen towel to help loosen the skins.
- In a Vitamix or high powered blender, blend the almonds, coconut oil, water, tapioca starch, salt, and agar-agar for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Move the mixture into a saucepan, stir constantly over low-medium heat until it starts to thicken (but is still spreadable).
- Turn off the heat, mix in the liquid smoke.
- Pour the cheese into a 4-inch springform pan that you’ve greased with coconut oil.
- Let it cool, then cover with a parchment paper. Transfer the cheese to the fridge to harden.
- You can remove the cheese from the mold or simply cut into the pan to enjoy.
- Keep it covered in the fridge - it stays good for about 7-10 days.
Subscribe to Happy Healthy Human Radio on your favorite podcast player:
If you like this episode, feel free to leave a review or share with a friend. Thanks for being a part of the community!Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day,
Samantha Attard, PhD, is the founder of Happy Healthy Human. Sam is a performance coach and yoga instructor who helps people eat, move, and live with intention. Learn more here.