Kale & Quinoa Travel Bites Recipe
Dairy-free, gluten-free, and adapted from 101 Cookbooks. The sunflower crumble is inspired by My New Roots.
Author: Happy Healthy Human
Recipe type: Snacks
- coconut oil (to grease muffin tins)
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Pulse the nutritional yeast and sunflower seeds with ½ teaspoon salt until you have a fine crumb.
- Combine the rest of the salt, eggs, and quinoa in a medium bowl, stir in the onions, kale, and garbanzo beans.
- Add ½ of the sunflower seed mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill the muffin tins with the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining sunflower seed mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until there is a golden crust.
- Let the muffins sit in the tins for 5 minutes, and then remove.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for 2 weeks.
Samantha Attard, PhD, is the founder of Happy Healthy Human. Sam is a performance coach and yoga instructor who helps people eat, move, and live with intention. Learn more here.